Rebuilding Alliance: Gaza Emergency Relief Fund
“To do something big — to think globally and act globally — one starts with something small, and one starts where it counts.” Prof. Nabeel Hamdi
Here at Kniter, we are strong advocates of the statement: "Be the change you want to see"; this is why for the June Collection we have chosen to support the Rebuilding Alliance's Mission. We have chosen to support this charity because of their dedication to advancing equal rights for the Palestinian people through education, advocacy, and support their current horrific distress. Palestinian families have the right to a home, schooling, economic security, safety, and a promising future, and this charity is on a mission to achieve this.
Their Life-Affirming Vision is to actualise a just and enduring peace in Palestine and Israel founded upon equal rights, equal security, and equal opportunity for all.
We are proud to announce that Kniter will be donating 10% of all profits to Rebuilding Alliance.
Since registering as a 501(c)3 non-profit organisation in 2003, Rebuilding Alliance has been working with coalitions of people and groups around the world who are dedicated to helping war-torn neighbourhoods rebuild and promoting citizen and diplomatic engagement, worldwide, to make them safe. They started by partnering with Palestinian and Israeli Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO’s) to help Palestinian communities rebuild and keep their villages standing — and still do. Since their launch in 2003, Rebuilding Alliance has been amplifying the voices of Palestinian and Israeli peacemakers and their communities. Together they are a significant voice for recognition of planning rights, village-centred rebuilding, and advocating for Palestinian human rights.
Rebuilding Alliance beliefs:
- If our world is to meet the big challenges that face us at this time in history, we must make peace in Israel and Palestine.
- A child’s life can be changed for good by rebuilding her/his home and neighbourhood.
- Construction is the best response to destruction, that rebuilding projects ease trauma, build trust, strengthen peacemakers, advance law, and press officials forward in tangible ways.
- Rebuild homes, schools and communities in a holistic approach that builds peace, combining community-directed rebuilding with grassroots and diplomatic advocacy.
- Stretch every dollar to seed endeavours that make a difference and grow.
- Build trust with each rebuilding project and connect peacemakers with constituents and policy makers worldwide who will intervene to safeguard threatened communities.
- Advocate for government policies based on international human rights law and international law